- Self-certified copy of incorporation certificate, trust deed, or any other certificate hold by such entity
- PAN of NGO
- Copy of MOA & AOA of associations and institutions
- Signature of the chief judiciary in JPG format
- A detailed report on activities of the preceding three years.
- Audited copy of financial statement, P&L account, Income-Expenditure details, and cash flow statement of the preceding three years.
- CTC of the resolution passed by a governing body authorized by NGO
- Certificate obtained under section 80G and 12A of Income Tax. Section 80G and 12A provide tax exemption to NGOs under the Income-tax Act.
FCRA stands for Foreign Contribution Regulation Act that governs and regulated foreign contributions occurring within India. FCRA Registration Certificate issued by the government authority is a mandatory obligation to acquire or receive any foreign contribution or foreign grants by any registered trust, society, institution, association, and NGOs.
The minimum requirement for FCRA Registration
- Obligations For Proper FCRA Registration
- The Obligation For Prior Permission FCRA Registration
FCRA Registration Process
Following is the step by step online process of applying for FCRA license:
- Apply online through filling online form FC-3 available on the official website of FCRA https://fcraonline.nic.in
- Click option “FCRA Online Forms” for registration under FCRA.
- The applicant will be redirected to the next page for several options such as application for seeking the permission of the central government, foreign receipt intimation, application for FCRA registration, etc.
- Select “Apply Online” option under Application for FCRA Registration (FC-3)
- New user needs to sign up for completing the application form
- Fill the form and complete all the mandatory details
- Once the form is completed, click the save button after which “User id” will be generated automatically.
- Then applicant needs to sign up using the login credential generated automatically on the above procedure.
- Continue to start step by step registration.
- Once the entire form is completed, the applicant needs to scan and attach the documents in PDF Format.
- Complete the online registration by making online payment through online payment gateways.
FCRA registration is categorized into the following two types…
- Proper FCRA registration
- Proper Permission for FCRA registration
Eligibility criteria, along with the existence period, are different depending upon the category of FCRA registration.